So I was tagged by the lovely Shannon to do the Beauty Scenario Tag. Apparently its been around for a while now but I personally haven’t heard of this one before. It sounds like an interesting different one and I’m looking forward to answering some go the tricky questions. Let’s get to it!
1) You have to get rid of all of your foundations, and only keep one high end and one drugstore. Which do you keep?
I never realised how many foundations I actually owned until I changed makeup bags; and they’re mostly drugstore making this a hard choice! For high end, I think I’ll go with my Illamasqua powder foundation (if you’ve read my review, you’ll know how I’m in love). Now drugstore…. I’m gonna go with Maybelline FitMe foundation.
2) You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
Oh gosh, how awkward! I’m one of those people who once they notice something, you can’t unsee it and focus on that from then on. Therefore, I’d like to say I’d tell her even though it’s embarrassing but hope it’d reflect well on my part for being helpfully honest!
3) You’re not feeling yourself and you need a pick me up lipstick. Which do you go for?
In my last post, I talked about how much I’m loving my H&M lipstick in shade Downtown Red at the moment; it’s a lovely deeper shade of red that gives an instant glam to any look! If not this, I love the MUA matte plum lipstick – it actually comes out a rosy colour on my lips but I love it – definitely cheers me up.
4) You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair or make up differently?
My biggest regret is straightening my hair and thinking I could use hairspray. I had lush thick almost boob length hair which ended up breaking off to the next time I relaxed my hair to a awkward Bob length. My hair is slowly but surely growing back but I’m still upset. Makeup wise, I was a late bloomer with wearing it but maybe wasn’t my best idea to try plum blusher on my eyes and nothing else on my face…just maybe.
5) You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut but they hear wrong and give you a pixie cut, what do you do? A) Smile, say thanks, leave and call your mum crying hysterically. B) Cry in the chair and things get awkward. C) Complain to the manager and demand a refund. D) None of the above
It’s very rare that me, scissors and hairdressers get on in the first place hence why I avoid them as much as I can. I won’t even lie I would most likely – and have done in the past- do B) cry in the chair and things get awks. Probably attempt to do A but break down before I mange to leave. I think this would be my worst nightmare as I despise short hair on myself so getting a refund doesn’t change anything unless its contribution to getting a wig, weave or going back in time.
6) Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have one hour to pack. Which ‘Do It All’ palette do you pack in your make up bag?
I only own two Rimmel eye quad palettes and the rest of my eye shadows that I actually use are all loose which can be pain for packing! I’ve been borrowing my friends Sephora: lesson 1 Smokey eye palette book and I love it – so maybe that one!
7) Your house has been robbed – don’t worry, everyone is safe – but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
I’m gonna go with my Illamasqua powder – I got it at such a low price and even though it’s an amaze product, the thought of having to repurchase it at full price hurts me a little haha! I’d be gutted if anything else went missing but it wouldn’t be too much of a pain (or make my bank account cry) to repurchase as it’s mostly drugstore!
8) Your friend borrows make up and returns it in an awful condition. Do you: A) Pretend you haven’t noticed B) Ask them to repurchase it C) Secretly do it back to their make up
I hate and don’t think I actually let people borrow my makeup (often/rarely) out of this fear. I do think it’d depend on the product and the friend if I’m honest. If I can still use it, and I wasn’t too fussed about it in the first place then I would say something but not make a big deal. However anything else, I think I’d ask them to repurchase or at least contribute to a new one. Potential super awkward conversation but they should’ve taken care of it in the first place or better yet bought their own haha!
And there are all the questions and my answers, hope you enjoyed reading my answers! Thank you again to Shannon for the tag, have a look at her fab blog here. I really enjoyed doing this one, definitely got me thinking haha! I’m tagging the following bloggers to repost this tag as well:
Siobhan, Jess, Natassia, Milly, Nicole, Roxanne, Arielle
Until next time,